Well now I've got the idea of entering more than one challenge a week I think I'll keep it up! The theme this week at Glitter Geeks is male/Fathers' Day; I don't make an awful lot of male cards generally, I find them a bit difficult (don't we all!) but with Fathers' Day on the horizon I've needed a couple and this is the one I've made for my dad:
My dad is even more difficult to make cards for than men in general because he isn't really into any of the things you usually see on men's cards - he isn't mad about football, he hates golf and fishing, he doesn't really drink and I could just never give him a card with a dirty joke on so when I saw these awesome boots at Crafts U Print I had to get the digi. It's something my dad and I have in common as we both love our Dr Martens and I've coloured these with Promarkers to look like the nearest approximation of his petrol blue ones. The papers are from Polkadoodles and I made the sentiment on the computer with Safmat, yay Safmat! The brads I've had for ages, I think I got them at Lakeland which just shows how long ago it must have been.
Well I'd best go get on with my chores, I was hoping to get loads of washing done today but it's chucking with rain so that's probably the end of that, I hate drying clothes indoors!
Your card is beautiful.The colouring is lovely and I recognise that polkadoodles paper ;-)!! Its lovely, Well Done!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing with Glitter Geeks and Good Luck!
Hi Sarah, that's a great card and so personal to you and your Dad :).
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the challenge!
Helen xx (Glitter Geeks)
Hi Sarah!
ReplyDeleteWow your dad is hard to craft for as he doesn't like those things! I'm sure he's not the only one. It can be very hard to craft for a gent cant it but I love the fact you guys love your boots and you found a digi like that!
Brilliant card!
Thank you for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!
~Josie xx