Friday, 13 January 2012

Awareness & Causes

Hi everyone! This week at Glitter Geeks our challenge theme is "Awareness & Causes", so we want to see some creations inspired by the good causes that mean something special to you. 

Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo and they're giving their super generous prize of 7 digis to the lucky winner.  I've used the cute Ribbon Bear digi for my card - I think he's pretty awesome because his ribbon can be any colour you like for any cause you support, and there's literally a rainbow to choose from - check out this handy list on Wikipedia if you don't know what colour you need!

I've chosen green for Bipolar Disorder awareness. I think a lot of people forget sometimes to be thankful for their good mental health - it's just as important as your physical health after all and as with any illness, a little bit of kindness and support can help a sufferer a lot. So that's why I've chosen a green ribbon this time.

I coulored the image with Promarkers (Sandstone, Grass and Baby Pink). The papers are from my scraps box, punched with the 3 inch square punch I bought by accident the other day thinking it was one inch - don't ask! The sentiment is an ancient Papermania one which didn't stamp very well so I went over it with black fineliner.
Hope this inspires you to join in with our challenge this week, we'd love to see your creation!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog earlier! I love your card and the cause you've chosen. Having suffered from anxiety and panic disorder in the past, though thankfully not now, I know not to take my mental health for granted. I really like the spots and stripes combination behind the teddy - and you can't go wrong with kraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today!