Monday, 25 July 2011

Stand back, I'm going to try science!

This week I've tried to combine two challenges - the sketch from Passion for Promarkers and the theme from Glitter Geeks, which this week is Occupations & Professions. I hope 'mad scientist' counts as a profession! This is Geeky Gertrude from Tiddlyinks, a site I absolutely love and would urge you to check out :)


She's coloured with Promarkers obviously! The lined paper is Melissa Frances, the floral type one is from the V&A pack and the 'Coughs & Colds' is one I made myself with a stamp from Tanda Stamps and some Old Paper and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. All the other elements have one or both of those added as well. The button I made from card and about two million layers of embossing powder (not literally but it felt like that many!) and the paper lace I think I got from Dunelm or somewhere like that...

Anyway time for me to have another go at getting the ink off my fingers - my hands look like they belong to a smurf at the moment!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww she's adorable Sarah. I love the colours and the colouring in is fab.
    Thanks for playing at Glitter Geeks and good luck!
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabby card..thanks for sharing with us at PFP and goodluck..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out fabulous! I love the colors you picked and your coloring is great. I think mad scientists count as a profession...I've been around them when I went to university:) Thanks for joining us at glitter geeks this week and hope to see you again soon.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative card Sarah, and I love how you've used various items for the background.

    Thanks for joining us again at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today!