Friday, 20 April 2012

Red & white

Hi everyone! This week at Glitter Geeks our challenge has a Red & White theme to celebrate St George's Day. I've never understood why the English don't make more of St George, the way we do in Wales with St David or the way the whole world does with St Patrick... but anyway. Our sponsor this week is the awesome Octopode Factory...

I decided not to do a card this week and started with an 8"x10 canvas board instead. I stamped and heat embossed the paisley motif first, then painted the whole thing with red acrylic paint and wiped the paint off the stamped images. I'd never done that before, I was suprised how hard you have to scrub! Then I added the circles using white acrylic and some pen lids, and edged the whole thing with white to close it in. 
I knew when I started that I wanted to use one of the two digis and have a quote above... I couldn't decide which to use though or what to write, and then a song came on the radio and inspired me. The band is called fun., they are an American band and this song "We Are Young" is pretty cool - you can watch the video on YouTube. Anyway the song title seemed to fit, since the characters are pretty youthful-looking, and in the end I used them both - they remind me of a school disco, with the girls on one side and the boys on the other, too scared to talk to each other. The text is printed onto old book pages, another thing I'd never done before which worked suprisingly well.

Anyway, thanks for visiting today! Hope you will be inspired to join in with the Red & White challenge!

1 comment:

Thanks for your visit today!