Friday, 13 April 2012

A nautical card

Hi everyone! This week at Glitter Geeks our challenge has a nautical theme to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the loss of the Titanic. Kind of a sad subject in a way but I have tried to make my card as cheerful as possible!


This awesome lighthouse is from Tiddly Inks. I coloured it with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I was going to cut it into an oval, but my largest oval wasn't large enough - but it gave me the idea to make a porthole using my circle cutter, and I coloured the frame with a Flexmarker to match the lighthouse stripes. I've had the map paper for a while; the charm is from Primark and baker's twine from the Ribbon Girl.

Thanks for visiting today! Hope you will be inspired to enter our Nautical challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Hi sarah, Your card is simply stunning. Love it
    hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, i love this!! Love that your lighthouse is behind a port hole (well that's how i've imagined it!) Outside and inside is just as gorgeous. Paula :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sarah, lovely colours and great design.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today!