Friday, 2 March 2012

Song title challenge

Hi everyone! This week at Glitter Geeks our challenge is to make something inspired by a song title. I spent a while thinking about what to make this week, music is important to me and I wanted to make sure I chose something that was truly 'me'. I have a bit of a thing about song lyrics and since I was a teenager I've been a bit obsessed with writing them down and learning bits by heart... I had a whole folder one year at school that was just grafittied all over with words from songs I loved. So anyway, one of my favourite bands is Arcade Fire and last year we were lucky enough to see them live in Hyde Park. Since then I've made a fair few tags inspired by their songs and lyrics and here is what I made this week, inspired by the song 'Month of May' from their most recent album:


This is a blank tag from Inkylicious which I coloured with Broken China distress ink. The waves are cut from a piece of origami paper and I cut the words from old book pages (that took a very long time because I started reading the book as I went along!) The song is sort of about the winds of change and because the wind is pretty hard to draw a picture of I tried to represent things being affected by the wind instead - hence the waves, and the leaves blowing about.

I am in love with this tag! I gave it to Ed though so maybe I will have to make a duplicate for myself. I mostly use the tags I make as bookmarks although I have another Arcade Fire one pinned up on my desk at work to remind me of fun times.

Anyway I hope you like my project and can find some inspiration of your own to join the challenge this week, I'm really looking forward to seeing your entries :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I think I'm gonna have to make some bookmarks with my favorite song lyrics on them now! Thanks for the inspiration--this is amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today!