Saturday, 4 September 2010

Irony

So as I said in my last post, we found a house on Wednesday. We paid the agency fee on Thursday night and got all the forms and so on through. On Friday morning, while I was on my break at work, just eating my Tracker bar and minding my own business, I got a phone call. It was our current estate agent, and the conversation went a bit like this:

Agent: It doesn't look like your house will be selling any time soon. Even if it did, it would probably be to an investor. Do you want to stay there on a 30 day rolling contract?
Me: ??!!??!!??!!
Agent: Hello?
Me: Yes, I'm still here, I'm just IN SHOCK
Agent: Yes. I can't imagine why the landlord served you notice to quit before he'd sold it. They never normally do that.
Me: So the last two months of stress and panic were totally avoidable? Thanks for nothing, you annoying bunch of idiots!

Obviously I didn't say that last bit out loud. But I certainly thought it (maybe with ruder words). 

We talked about it at length last night and decided in the end to push ahead with the move. Yes, it's a pain moving, but we're signing a 12 month contract so we should get at least a year of stability out of it, whereas if we stayed here the threat of having to start looking all over again would just be hanging over our heads constantly. Plus I can't let go of that halogen hob now I've seen it.

All the relief and definiteness has helped me finish my latest scrapbook page, too:
The background paper is from Echo Park Paper Co., there is a square of Basic Grey there as well from my Nook & Pantry paper pad. The letter stickers are a mix of Papermania Alphaminis and Doodlebug 'Loopy Lou', the corner stickers are Doodlebug as well from the 'Pretty Kitty' stickersheet I bought specifically for this project, as is the pink rectangle. The rest of the title is spelt out with Doodlebug rub-ons. I've always loved Doodlebug stuff and find myself using more and more of it as I scrapbook more. The edges of everything are inked with Sepia ink from Whispers. I'm really into inking the edges of things at the moment!

I think I might have a go at some Xmas cards now. I swore I wouldn't until at least November, but I do need to test my new stamps and check I have the right Promarkers to colour them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit today!